The Gate of Amazing Grace
(Mat 7:13 NKJV) "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it.
(Mat 7:14 NKJV) "Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.
Grace is amazing because:
- The meaning of grace is amazing.
- It is a kindness shown that is not deserved.
- In the court of the Almighty, we get more than justice, we get grace.
- The recipient of grace is amazing.
- It is the guilty and unworthy (Eph. 2:5, Rom. 5:6-8, Col. 3:8-9, Rom. 1:29-31).
- It is all of us (Rom. 3:23).
- The cost of grace is amazing.
- The purchase of grace cost something unique, and is therefore priceless (John 3:16).
- Grace is God's Riches At Christ's Expense (Heb. 2:9).
- The result of grace is amazing.
- It is that wonderful, narrow gate (Matt. 7:13-14).
- It is access to God's presence throughout eternity (John 14:2-3).
Entrance through the gate of grace requires obedience to the gospel of grace (Acts 20:4, Rom. 1:16, II Thess. 1:8)
- Hearing, believing, loving, and responding to the gospel of grace (Eph. 1:13, Heb. 11:6, I Thess. 2:16, II Thess. 2:10, James 2:24).
- Repenting-changing the will about the past and the future (Luke 13:3, II Cor. 7:10 ASV).
- Confessing publicly Jesus as the Christ, the Son of God (I Tim. 6:12-13 NASB, Acts 8:37, Matt. 10:32, Rom. 10:10).
- Being baptized (Acts 2:38 NKJV/ASV, I Pet. 3:21 NASB).
- For those who will not do these things, that wonderful gate of grace is open in vain.
Back to Index