Christ's Wonderful Body
Jesus was "wonderful" (Isaiah 9:6) because He used all the
resources of His body (Heb. 10:5) in doing the work of the Father.
He had wonderful feet.
- Of all the "beautiful feet" of those who preach, His were the most beautiful (Rom. 10:5, Is. 57:2).
- They felt the piercing nails.
He had wonderful hands.
- They had power for healing (Matt. 8:3, Mark 8:25, Luke 8:54-55) and rescuing (Matt. 14:31).
- They endured the piercing nails.
- They have the strength to hang on to us (John 10:28).
He had wonderful eyes.
- His were eyes of compassion (John 6:5, John 11:35, Luke 19:41).
- His eyes were always turned toward the Heavenly Father (Matt. 14:19, John 11:41, John 17:1).
- His eyes see into our hearts today (Heb. 4:12-13, Rev. 2:23).
He had wonderful ears.
- His ears hear His followers (Heb. 7:25, Heb. 4:14-16).
He had a wonderful tongue and lips.
- He brought the message from the Father (John 12:49).
- But He never spoke words of spite or revenge (Is. 53:7, Luke 23:34).
- He never called for rescue from the cross (Matt. 26:53-54). Those wonderful lips were silent for us!
Back to Index