This Day is a Day of Good News (II Kings 7:3-9)
A Lesson in Evangelism from Four Lepers (II Kings 7:3-9)
- Comparisons between then and now.
- There was a famine.
- Then:of food
- Now:of spiritual blessings
- There was abundance available.
- Then:in the Syrians' camp
- Now:in Christ Jesus
- Some found the blessings.
- Then:the four lepers
- Now:those in Christ
- A contrast between then and now.
- Then:The four lepers told the good news.
- Now:We often hoard the blessings to ourselves because .
- Some are still starving in the midst of plenty.
- Some claim others are not interested.
- Some are too afraid of offending others.
- Some are in denial that those around them are lost.
- Some hide behind their lack of knowledge.
- Could it be that we just do not care and are just not willing to put forth the effort?
- The conclusion:
- Then:The lepers said "We are not doing right.This day is a day of good news, and we remain silent. some punishment will come upon us."
- Today:What have we concluded?
Back to Index