The Four R's of True Religion
- We cannot know how God expects us to live and worship Him without revelation (I Cor. 2:9).
- We have God's revelation to us recorded in the Scriptures (Eph. 3:3-5, I Pet. 1:19-21, Rom. 16:26).
- Righteous requires obedience (Rom. 6:16).
- Righteous living is God's goal for our lives (Titus 2:11-12).
- We can lose our righteousness (Prov. 28:14, Ezek. 18:24, Rom. 2:5).
- Repentance must be directed toward God (II Cor. 7:10).
- Repentance must be followed by a "turn" in our behavior (Ezek. 18:30, Acts 3:19 ASV, Acts 26:20).
- A change in behavior without a change in heart about past actions is not sufficient; repentance toward God is essential (Luke 13:3, Acts 17:30).
- Our God is a God of justice (Isa. 30:18, Rev. 15:3, Psa. 7:11).
- Justice for our sins is eternal death (Rom. 6:23, James 1:15).
- By God's grace, our debt is paid (Eph. 1:7, Rom. 3:24) in a way we could never pay it (I Pet. 1:19).
- Redemption is God's grace satisfying God's justice.
Back to Index