We are to be "purposeful givers." (II Cor. 9:7).
If we are being purposeful givers, we will realize that giving is a spiritual sacrifice:
- It shows God's worth (II Sam. 24:24, Mal. 1:6-8).
- It shows our trust in God (Deut. 8:11-18, Luke12:18-19, Mark 10:24, Luke 21:2-4).
If we are not being purposeful givers, we may:
- Fail to adjust our giving when we have increases in prosperity (I Cor. 16:2, Lev. 5:7).
- Fail to give our contribution every week (I Cor. 16:2).
- Fail to make our spiritual gift to God a priority over material purchases (Acts 2:44-45, 4:34-37; Prov. 3:9).
Back to Index