Two Pictures of God's People
TWO PICTURES OF WHAT THE LORD'S PEOPLE SHOULD BE.
STONES (I Pet. 2:5, Heb. 3:6)
- Stones that support the weight of the Lord's mission (Matt. 28:19-20, II Cor. 4:7, II Cor. 5:18)
- Stones that support the weight of one another (Gal. 6:2)
- Stones that are solid and will not crumble (I Cor. 16:13, Eph. 6:10)
- Stones that are firmly positioned so they will not shift or slip (Col. 1:23, I Cor. 15:58, Eph. 4:14)
- Stone that are always, locked together in cooperation.
SALT (Matt. 5:13, Luke 14:34-35)
- Salt that heals (I Th. 5:14, Heb. 12:12)
- Salt that purifies and preserves (II Pet. 2:12, I Th. 2:16)
- Salt that melts icy hearts (I Pet. 3:1)
- Salt that creates a thirst for the Lord and His gospel (Psa. 42:1, Mat. 5:6, John 4:13)
Back to Index