What Hath God Joined Together?
IN HIS WORD, GOD HAS JOINED:
Christ and the Church
- Christ is the head of the body (Col. 1:18, Eph. 1:22-23).
- The Lord adds to His body (Acts 2:41,47) all who are baptized into Him (Rom. 6:3, Gal. 3:27, I Cor. 12:13).
Doctrine and Worship
- When acts of worship become separated from God's instruction:
- Vain and corrupted worship results (Mark 7:7-8, I Cor. 11:22, 29)
- God will punish (Lev. 10:1-2)
- The only actions acceptable to God are those He has revealed (John 4:24, John 17:17, II John 1:9 NASB)
Faith and Obedience
- Faith is essential (Heb. 11:6a), but faith must take action (Heb. 11:6b).
- Abraham's faith justified him (Gal. 3:6) only when he took action (Heb. 11:8, Heb. 11:17, 19; James 2:21).
- Rahab's faith saved her only because of the actions she took toward the spies (Heb. 11:31, James 2:25).
- Faith must produce obedient actions/works (James 2:14, 17, 24; Gal. 5:6, I Pet. 1:22, Heb. 5:9, Luke 6:46).
Baptism and Salvation
- Baptism provides entrance into Christ (Rom. 6:3, Gal. 3:27, I Cor. 12:13) where salvation is (I Cor. 15:22, II Cor. 5:17, Rom. 8:1, II Tim. 2:10).
- Three key witnesses testify that baptism is linked with salvation.
- Christ (Matt. 28:19-20, Mark 16:15-16)
- Peter (Acts 2:38, 10:48; I Pet. 3:21)
- Paul (Acts 22:16)
"Therefore what God has joined together,
let not man separate." (Mark 10:9)
Back to Index