God's Law After The Cross
The authority of the Law of Moses has ended.
The Law of Moses:
- Was temporary (Jer. 31:31, Col. 2:14)
- Was a source of division that was broken down (Eph. 2:14-16)
- Was an escort ("tutor") that completed it's mission (Gal. 3:24-25)
- Was a previous "marriage" that had to be ended (Rom. 7:2-4)
- Gave way to the new "will" of Christ (Heb. 10:9, Heb. 9:16-17)
- Had to end so that Christ's law could be established (Heb. 10:9, Rom. 7:3-4)
- Was completely done away with--including the Ten Commandments (Rom. 7:4-7)
- Cannot be deferred to for a single point without accepting the whole law (Gal. 5:3)
Those who go back, in any respect, to the authority of the Law of Moses insult the blood of Christ that was shed to bring freedom from the "curse" of that law and to dedicate His new law (Heb. 9:18-19, Matt. 26:28, Gal. 3:13, Heb. 10:29).
Back to Index