The Twenty-third Psalm
Psalm 23-The Shepherd's Psalm
The person of the shepherd (23:1)
- Not a lord, the LORD (Jehovah God, Exo. 3:15).
- Not a shepherd, but my shepherd.
The provision of the shepherd (23:2-3)
- Making to lie down in green pas-tures.
- Satisfying physical needs.
- Satisfying emotional needs.
- Leading by still waters.
- Satisfying the thirst.
- Keeping away from dangerous watering places.
- The sheep are restored.
- The green pasture and the still waters are a place to stop, but not a place to stay.
The pathway of the shepherd (23:3)
- Following His path honors the great name of the Shepherd.
The protection of the shepherd (23:4)
- The "valley of the shadow of death" is the gloomy perils of this life.
- The sheep of Jehovah always come through the valley.
Back to Index