Relationships and Trust
(John 19:26,27 NKJV)
In these short statements, our Lord:
- Fulfilled the God-given responsibility to care for family.
- God instituted the family. (Gen. 2:24)
- Jesus rebuked those who shirked their duty to parents. (Matt. 15:4-7 NASB)
- Paul reaffirmed that responsibility. (Eph. 6:2, I Tim. 5:8)
- Showed that spiritual relationships take priority over physical ones.
- Jesus entrusted His mother to a believer. (Prov. 18:24)
- His physical brothers were not believers. (Ps. 69:8, John 7:5)
- Our conduct is modeled after that of our wonderful savior. (Phil 2:3-5, Mat 7:12)
- Demonstrated that you can make a mistake and still be worthy of a trust.
- John had abandoned Jesus the night before.(Matt. 16:31, 56)
- But, at the cross, John was given an important and personal trust-he took Jesus' place in caring for someone Jesus loved.
- Today, we have the honor of taking Jesus' place in caring for others.Do we?
Back to Index