Who Is a Wise Man?
"Who is a wise man?" James 3:13
- A wise man respects his parents (Prov. 13:1, Ex. 20:12, Eph. 6:2, Col. 3:20, Eph. 6:1, Rom. 1:30).
- For a child to learn to respect God from his parents, he must first be taught to respect his parents (Heb. 12:6, Prov. 3:12, Prov. 13:24).
- This respect should continue as both grow older.
- A wise man fears evil and avoids it (Prov. 14:16, Prov. 3:7, I Thess. 5:22, Prov. 22:3).
- Evil has consequences.
- Evil will have consequences for you.
- A wise man wins souls (Prov. 11:30).
- Only eternal things really matter.
- Only souls are eternal.
- A wise man knows there is urgency (Eccl. 8:5).
Back to Index